[ejabberd] Pubsub subscription not implemented?

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Wed Jun 1 11:51:07 MSD 2005

Leif Johansson wrote:
> On Wednesdayen den 1 June 2005 08.31, Steve Smith wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm playing with the pubsub module, and subscription doesn't seem to be
>>working.  Sending the following:
>>
>>   <iq from='tarka at moth.vislab.usyd.edu.au/Psi'
>>       type='get'
>>       id='H_2'
>>       to='pubsub.moth.vislab.usyd.edu.au'>
>>      <pubsub xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub' >
>>	 <subscribe node='home/moth.vislab.usyd.edu.au/tarka/1376154513'
>>		    jid='tarka at moth.vislab.usyd.edu.au/Psi'/>
>>      </pubsub>
>>   </iq>
>>
>>I get 'feature-not-implemented'.  Am I missing something here?
>
> Yes you are :-) See my message from a couple of days ago about j-eai and
> its relation with ejabberd.

Hello,

Subscribing to a node is one of the most basic mechanism of pubsub and
should work in ejabberd.
What version of ejabberd are you using ?
Did you try subscription with the 'set' type ?
What happens if you use JID without appending the resources at the end ?

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/