[ejabberd] Question regarding starting ejabberd as service...

Adam.Daughterson1 at EmersonProcess.com Adam.Daughterson1 at EmersonProcess.com
Mon Jun 6 22:02:12 MSD 2005

Hello,

I have a functional ejabberd server that I have implemented at my work.  My
question is regarding the behavior of ejabberdctl when I have started
ejabberd from an rc.d script.  When I start ejabberd from a command line, I
am able to use ejabberdctl to query the status, users, etc... of the server.
When I start it from /etc/rc.d/rc.local and attempt the same ejabberdctl
HOST at DOMAIN <mailto:HOST at DOMAIN>  status (or whatever) I get an error that
there is no node.  Is there something that I need to put into the script to
make ejabberd run in a specific tty?

Below is the content of the script.  Thanks in advance,

Adam

#Contents of /etc/rc.d/rc.local (Slackware)
cd /var/lib/ejabberd
./startjabber2

#Contents of startjabber2 script

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/bin/erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -sname ejabberd -s ejabberd
-ejabberd config \"/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg\" log_path
\"/var/log/ejabberd/ejabberd.log\" -sasl sasl_error_logger
\{file,\"/var/log/ejabberd/sasl.log\"\} -mnesia dir
\"/var/lib/ejabberd/spool\" -detached