[ejabberd] ejabberd Linux installer (beta installer version for 0.9.1)

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Thu Jun 16 22:07:18 MSD 2005

Le 16 juin 05 à 19:02, Sander Devrieze a écrit :
>>> There is now a Linux installer for ejabberd on Process-one website.
>>> You can download it from:
>>>
>>> http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/download.html
>>>

>>     Wow!!! Great work!!

Thank you :-)

>>> It is bundled with a stripped down version of Erlang and you do
>>> not need
>>> anything else on your computer.
>>>

>>       I see SSL/TLS lines are commented, I tried adding a certificate
>>   and commenting them out, but it does not seem to work... Is this
>> server
>>   SSL/TLS enabled?
>>

> I don't think SSL libraries are included.

They are included, but I did not try it. I will see on my install if
it works.

>>   btw... does LDAP auth work?
>>

> I think that should work :-)

Did not try it either. What is your LDAP schema ? Are you using a
standard schema ?

I will try to progressively add new features...

>>       I also have problems logging to the web admin interface,
>> trying to
>> log in with the user and password provided during the install
>> process...
>> any idea on what's wrong?
>>

> Did you started the server? Go to the bin directory and click on
> start, your
> browser will open a page where you can click on an URL to open the
> webinterface. (PS: don't forget the full JID is needed!)

Normally the web page open by the start script has a reminder of the
full admin login to use.

Tell us if this is working properly.

Cheers,

--