[ejabberd] ejabberd Linux installer (beta installer version for 0.9.1)

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Jun 16 22:44:22 MSD 2005

Op donderdag 16 juni 2005 20:07, schreef Mickaël Rémond:
<snip>
> > I don't think SSL libraries are included.
>
> They are included, but I did not try it. I will see on my install if
> it works.

Wish: make an install option of it (default enabled). (don't forget that the
link to the admin page will be with https)

> >>   btw... does LDAP auth work?
> >
> > I think that should work :-)
>
> Did not try it either. What is your LDAP schema ? Are you using a
> standard schema ?
>
> I will try to progressively add new features...

BTW: I think not all features should be added via the installer. It is better
to add as much possible things in the webadmin.

> >>       I also have problems logging to the web admin interface,
> >> trying to
> >> log in with the user and password provided during the install
> >> process...
> >> any idea on what's wrong?
> >
> > Did you started the server? Go to the bin directory and click on
> > start, your
> > browser will open a page where you can click on an URL to open the
> > webinterface. (PS: don't forget the full JID is needed!)
>
> Normally the web page open by the start script has a reminder of the
> full admin login to use.

Yes, but the "@server" part should be in bold (I forgot about it
again... :-D ).

--