[ejabberd] access to the shell of a node started with -detached option

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Wed Jun 29 18:01:05 MSD 2005

Felipe wrote:
> I tried that and get this:
>
> # erl -sname test -remsh ejabberd
> Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.8 [source] [hipe]
>
> *** ERROR: Shell process terminated! (^G to start new job) ***
>
> I have started the server with the following comand
> erl -pa <path>/ebin -sname ejabberd -s ejabberd -heart -detached
>
> What Did I do wrong?

Oups.
My mistake, with -remsh you have to use the complete node name and not
just the short syntax you can use with sname (only the node name with no
host can be use by sname, but when you look at the command name, the
host is guessed by the system. If you do not know the local host name
guessed by the system, use: erl -sname test to see from the shell prompt
what is the complete host name):

erl -sname test -remsh ejabberd at host

Note that the node name does not have to be fully qualified.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond