[ejabberd] cyrus sasl and/or client certificates anyone?

Leif Johansson leifj at it.su.se
Wed Jun 29 21:16:26 MSD 2005

On Wednesdayen den 29 June 2005 18.41, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Leif Johansson wrote:
> >On a similar topic - has anyone used client certificates with start-tls or
> > ssl in ejabberd_c2s ?
>
> As far as I know, Jabber clients have not started to incorporate
> client-side certificates. It's a good idea, though. I've just gotten my
> CAcert certificate to work with email and it'd be nice to use it in the
> Jabber world, too. :-)
>
> Peter

The application I have in mind is a webb-frontend so I only need to
get client-certs working in smack or something like that. Much easier
to *send* a certificate than to *receive it* and map it to a JID. That was
why I asked about any kinds of experience with client-side certs and
ejabberd.

	Cheers Leif