[ejabberd] Yahoo Transports? (+badlop)

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Tue Mar 1 21:47:53 MSK 2005

Op dinsdag 1 maart 2005 19:17, schreef Gregg Berkholtz:
> I'm trying to locate a Yahoo Transport which will function with
> ejabberd. I've Googled around and found only "yahoo-transport", with a
> homepage of http://yahoo-transport.jabberstudio.org/, and broken links
> to the downloads.
>
> Is there a better way to get ejabberd talking with the Yahoo network?

Try this Yahoo-transport-2 transport
( http://yahoo-transport.jabberstudio.org/ ) configuration:
http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/ejabberd/examples/transport-configs/yahoo-t/
Remark that I splitted the config file. As I am using this config on my
server, they are known to work in combination with ejabberd :-)

Instructions:
1) Modify the config files to your needs, PATH's,...
2) Get a copy of Jabberd 1.4.3 or higher (source!).
3) Compile Jabberd, but do not install it now.
4) Move the Yahoo-transport source directory in the jabberd source directory.
5) Compile Yahoo-transport.
6) Copy the yahoo-transport-2.so (it can be called differently; I don't know
it exact ;) ) file to the directory specified in the yahoo-transport configs
(see 1)
7) Copy the jabberd binary and libs (you don't need all libs in this case!) to
the place you want.
8) Add an entry for the Yahoo-transport in ejabberd like described in the
ejabberd guide.
9) Reload this config or restart ejabberd.
10) run jabberd *and* specify the config file it should use (master.xml of
yahoo-t)
11) If all goes well, the transport should be visible now when discovering
your server with Tkabber, Coccinella, Psi,... :-)

You can get the latest transport out cvs:
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.jabberstudio.org:/home/cvs co yahoo-transport

If not included in your distribution (AFAIK there is no Yahoo-transport for
Windows, so if you are using that the above will maybe not work for you).

btw at badlop: Can't you create a tutorial for this? Or should I do? At least, I
will make my example configs a little bit easier if you want to write a
tutorial :-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )