[ejabberd] SSL makes trouble when compiling ejabberd

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Tue Mar 8 19:31:54 MSK 2005

Hi,

I just got ejabberd 0.7.5 and wanted to build it from source, but it
fails with this message:

> erlc -W -I .. -pz .. -o .. tls.erl
> gcc -Wall -g -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -DHAVE_SSL -I/usr/lib/erlang/lib/erl_interface-3.3.0/include -I/usr/lib/erlang/usr/include -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl \
>                 tls_drv.c -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto -L/usr/lib/erlang/lib/erl_interface-3.3.0/lib -lerl_interface -lei \
>                 -o ../tls_drv.so -fpic -shared
> tls_drv.c:6: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [../tls_drv.so] Fehler 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yves/src/ejabberd-0.7.5/src/tls'
> make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

But the file is definitely there, when I look into the directory I told
it where it should look for SSL. This is what I typed before:

> cd src
> export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl"
> export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include"
> ./configure --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl/include
> make

I installed OpenSSL from source into its default paths, so it's up to
OpenSSL where it put its stuff.

Any idea?

Pre-built ejabberd package won't work because I don't have OpenSSL
package and so the dependency is missing. I have to build it from
source. Why does SSL always make such trouble... this is not the first
time something doesn't find ssl.h... Does my gcc not like SSL?

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)