[ejabberd] s2s conf issues

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Tue Mar 8 23:34:16 MSK 2005

On 08.03.2005 21:24 (+0100), Alexey Shchepin wrote:
>  AvC> But doesn't this make DNS requests blocking? that wouldn't be exactly
>  AvC> desirable on a server with more than a few users...
>
> No, Erlang releases prior to R10B, and R10B with -name option work this way.
> But R10B with -sname option doesn't read /etc/resolv.conf and it seems can do
> only standard requests like gethostbyname.  More detailed information is here:
>
> http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.3/erts-5.4.3/doc/html/inet_cfg.html

I don't understand much of the Erlang page, but is DNS resolution in
ejabberd blocking? That would be the same behaviour as with my current
jabberd 1.4 that takes up to a minute after login until I get my
contacts' presences... I have Debian's Erlang package, iirc it is
version 8 or so, and latest ejabberd 0.7.5.

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)