[ejabberd] ejabberdctl shows some error

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Wed Mar 9 18:52:33 MSK 2005

Hi,

I'm a bit curious about how to start and stop ejabberd. Since there's no
PID file I could use to kill a process as it seems to be the usual Linux
way, I thought that ejabberdctl tool could help me. The first time I
used it, it really showed me the message which is printed in the manual,
but for some time and now, if shows this:

> # /var/lib/ejabberd/ejabberdctl
> {"init terminating in do_boot",{undef,[{ejabberd_ctl,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
> init terminating in do_boot ()

Anyone got an idea what this is? Somehow I can't imagine this is the
intended output of this programme.

When it works then, is this the right way to start and stop the ejabberd
server? Can it also return me whether it's running or not? I'd like to
include this in my daily server "health" report.

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)