[ejabberd] ejabberdctl won't talk to ejabberd

Michael Christian mchristi at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Mar 9 22:49:18 MSK 2005

Yes, FreeBSD.  Thanks for the kernel-poll tip, I've enabled that now.

I wasn't getting the disallowed error when using -name, in fact I saw nothing at all on the ejabberd side.  However, I've switched back to -sname, and I'm getting the disallowed error now.

So it turned out that I'm setting the ejabberd cookie in the ejabberd.defaults file, which is called by the ejabberd script.  I added the cookie into my ejabberdctl script, and lo and behold, it works!

Thanks!
-MikeC