[ejabberd] ejabberdctl shows some error

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Thu Mar 10 00:53:13 MSK 2005

On 09.03.2005 21:40 (+0100), Etan Reisner wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the 'correct' way to get this working, but I've
> found that the only way I can get ejabberdctl to work is if I cd into
> the ebin directory and then run it. So if you installed ejabberd into
> /var/lib/ejabberd you would cd to /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin and then run
> ejabberctl.

Ah, that's it. Thank you.

There's no start command, and restart doesn't do it, so I guess I need
to start ejabberd first with the erl command from the documentation
before I can stop it again with ejabberdctl. What are the erl parameters
to start ejabberd without all the console output and in the background?
I have seen -detached and -noshell somewhere around. erl doesn't seem to
have a --help or manpage to tell me.

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)