[ejabberd] How to set system access rights correctly?

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sat Mar 12 02:02:56 MSK 2005

Well, it seems there's more going wrong with it all. I can start
ejabberd manually with the Debian ejabberd script which was is /sbin but
only works in /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin. But there it only throws an error,
too, saying it can't find ./expat_erl.so. This file is in my home src/
directory where I compiled ejabberd, but make install didn't copy it.

When I copy that file into the ebin folder, it can't find something
else. I don't understand anything of Erlang, but it seems to very
talkative in its error reports.

Running ejabberd manually from the source directory works fine, but
moving it somewhere else (with make install) breaks the whole thing. Is
there a problem with the makefile? Should I better run ejabberd where I
downloaded it and as root user?

Unclassified NewsBoard Forum --> newsboard.unclassified.de
Free (GPL), easy to use and install, secure, innovative! (PHP+MySQL)