[ejabberd] My ejabberdctl is broken

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Thu Mar 17 09:40:55 MSK 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:01:51PM +0100, Yves Goergen wrote:
> On 16.03.2005 22:52 (+0100), Sergei Golovan wrote:
> >>Not an option due to missing package dependencies. :(
> >
> > Which dependencies are missing?
>
> Openssl. Don't know which would follow. I have compiled "critical"
> public services (Apache, PHP, Exim...) from source since Debian doesn't
> offer anything current and it works quite fine. Why shouldn't ejabberd

It's arguable when "current" is better than "stable with critical updates"
which is offered by Debian stable.

> work built from source, too? If it doesn't but should, I believe it's a
> bug that's worth to be fixed. This is not an urgent problem so I'm
> willing to help fixing this.

ejabberd (and ejabberdctl) *is* working when is built from source. The author
just didn't pay much attention for making ejabberdctl convenient to user.

For example: 1) one have to run ejabberdctl from ejabberd install directory,
2) ejabberd has -name option hardcoded while user could run ejabberd with
-sname option.

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan