[ejabberd] My ejabberdctl is broken

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Thu Mar 17 22:00:45 MSK 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 06:06:02PM +0100, Yves Goergen wrote:
> OK, I can run ejabberdctl from the install dir, this is no problem. If
> this is intended, I can very well live with it. And I don't care for
> -[s]name, if it's true that this only affects clustering.
>
> But it doesn't work right now for a database dump. Sorry, I have no idea
> about Erlang, don't even understand the language's syntax rules or their
> meaning. But it might have been the case someone knows about the bug I
> reported and had a solution for it or would even have accepted this to
> be a bug.

Yes. There is a bug in ejabber_ctl.erl. To fix database restoring you may
apply the attached patch. I have sent it to Aleksey, but probably he is too
busy to apply it to CVS tree (or may be the patch is buggy).

Anyway, if you dump Mnesia database to text file (ejabberdctl node dump path)
then you have to edit the file before loading (ejabberdctl node load path).
Delete all lines which contain numbers in angle brackets, like the following:

{route,"pubsub.localhost",<0.9519.0>,undefined}.

After that, DB should be loaded without errors.

Best wishes!
--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan