[ejabberd] My ejabberdctl is broken

Sergei Golovan sgolovan at nm.ru
Fri Mar 18 10:24:16 MSK 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 11:38:56PM +0100, Yves Goergen wrote:
> On 17.03.2005 20:53 (+0100), Sergei Golovan wrote:
> > Oh, I see. It might be the case when ejabberd haven't permissions to write the
> > dump file.
>
> Running as root?

If you run ejabberd as root, then it might be the case when the directory
where the DB id dumping doesn't exist.

Note that ejabberdctl doesn't do actual dump. It only tells running ejabberd
to dump. So,

1) If the directory for DB dump is specified as relative path, it adds not to
ejabberd current dir, not to ejabberdctl current dir.

2) The directory must exist and be writable for user running ejabberd, not
ejabberdctl.

--
Sergei 'TeopeTuK' Golovan