[ejabberd] Message Archiving Module

James Tait james.tait at morse.com
Fri Mar 18 12:23:58 MSK 2005

Gregg Berkholtz wrote:

> Wow, thanks for putting that script online

No problem, I hope it can be of some use.  It's about as basic as it can be
and hasn't been heavily tested, but it seems to work.

> Back to mod_log_forensic though - I've successfully compiled
> it, and put it into place. Though it's not clear what I need
> to enter into ejabberd.cfg to configure this, is the
> following (placed within
> {modules}) correct?
>  {mod_log_forensic, [{loggers, ["forensic.jabber.domain.com"]}]}
>
> Is anything else needed?

Ah yes, documentation would have been a good idea. :)  The relevant portion
of my ejabberd.cfg is:

% Used modules:
{modules,
 [
  {mod_service_log, [{loggers, ["logger.node.name"]}]},
  {mod_log_forensic, [{host, "logger.node.name"},
                      {forensic_log, "mod_log_forensic.xml"}]},
 ]}.

There may be (probably is) a better way of doing the module, but since this
is my first attempt at Erlang programming and my focus was on getting
something working as quickly as possible, we're stuck with this for now. :)

Any and all feedback will be gratefully received, as well as any
improvements, of which there are likely to be many!

Cheers,

JT
--
James Tait
Developer, Morse Professional Services

This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended only for
the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email and
have received it in error, you are hereby notified that the email and any
attachments must not be copied, stored or further disseminated or
distributed.  If you have received this email and its attachments in error,
please notify the sender immediately and then delete it from your system.
Internet communications are not secure and Morse makes no representation
and accepts no responsibility or liability as to the completeness and
accuracy of the information contained in this message.  Any information,
opinions or advice contained within the email or any attachments are not
necessarily those of the Morse Group.

Email communications sent and/or received by Morse staff are stored and
monitored.

Orders for hardware and software are accepted subject to Morse's Standard
Terms and Conditions of Sale.  Orders for services are accepted subject to
Morse's Standard Terms and Conditions for the Provision of Consultancy
Services.  Copies are available at http://www.morse.com and on request from
legal at morse.com or your account manager.