[ejabberd] Internal IM server using ejabberd

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Sat Mar 19 00:01:01 MSK 2005

Op vrijdag 18 maart 2005 21:34, schreef Tom Wang:
> Hi, All
>
> I want to setup a ejabberd server in my company. I have the following
> questions.
>
> 1. Can I limit only one client be used in ejabberd network. for example,
> only gaim can be used in my ejabberd server. (allow resource=Gaim ?) how to
> config it?

That will be not possible as people can change that resource. I don't know if
it is possible in Gaim, but most other Jabber clients I know of have this
possibility.

fyi: IMO it is a lot more interesting to have a resource like this:
client at computer (e.g. gaim at zeus). Advantages:
* if you login twice (e.g. laptop and desktop) with the same client you will
not see the "permanently signing on-off problem",
* you can use different clients at the same time on one computer,
* it is easy to manage for yourself,
* in a company you can see in the logs on which computers people are logged
in.

> 2. there are some user informations need to be add to vcard database. I
> know client software need to be modified to get more vard information.  but
> I don't know Mnesia database and erlang. anybody know how to modify
> ejabberd source code, which files need to be update?

What do you want to do exactly?

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )