[ejabberd] Internal IM server using ejabberd

Tom Wang tomwang99 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 01:06:32 MSK 2005

Thanks Sander.

for question1, I don't want people use other IM client software in my
company. our client softroute has been updated and have others functions.
the resource name can't be changed, and it only access to my company server.
so, I need to block others client softroute when somebody use it login
company's server.

question2,  because there are others personal information will be used in
our company (which doesn't include in standard vcard table). I want to add
them into vcard table.

Tom

Op vrijdag 18 maart 2005 21:34, schreef Tom Wang:
> Hi, All
>
> I want to setup a ejabberd server in my company. I have the following
> questions.
>
> 1. Can I limit only one client be used in ejabberd network. for example,
> only gaim can be used in my ejabberd server. (allow resource=Gaim ?) how
> config it?

That will be not possible as people can change that resource. I don't know
if
it is possible in Gaim, but most other Jabber clients I know of have this
possibility.

fyi: IMO it is a lot more interesting to have a resource like this:
client at computer (e.g. gaim at zeus). Advantages:
* if you login twice (e.g. laptop and desktop) with the same client you will
not see the "permanently signing on-off problem",
* you can use different clients at the same time on one computer,
* it is easy to manage for yourself,
* in a company you can see in the logs on which computers people are logged
in.

> 2. there are some user informations need to be add to vcard database. I
> know client software need to be modified to get more vard information.
> but
> I don't know Mnesia database and erlang. anybody know how to modify
> ejabberd source code, which files need to be update?

What do you want to do exactly?

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at l4l.be ( http://jabber.l4l.be/ )