[ejabberd] ext. auth.

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon May 2 11:49:40 MSD 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 09:42 +0200, Leif Johansson wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > Are there any other external authentication script examples out there?
> > I'm looking for an example of one that interfaces with msyql, gets
> > username/password, and then okay/denies.
>

> > Will this then allow an authenticated user to use an ejabberd setup, or
> > do other things need to be created first?
>
> I am using external auth with a kdc backend (the principle is the same).
> All configuration in ejabberd is created when the user logs in the first
> time.
>
> 	MVH leifj

Cool...could you email a sample of your script? Also, I'm kind of at a
loss for the best way to develop this script to be honest. I have made
the mysql all work, but there is so little documentation and no one is
online on the channel when I ask...so I'm getting a little discouraged,
but know this is the best path for using ejabberd (which I want to do).

Please email me with script samples, or hop on the chat. I'm in KOREA
right now, so I would think there are many of the developers that are in
a similar time zone to me...but maybe I'm wrong...

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

USA PH 510.499.0894