[ejabberd] wiki

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:16:30 MSD 2005

2005/5/3, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>:
> so that people like
> myself and others can post up knowledge learned from using ejabberd for
> others to use.
> I have been having to collect lots of knowledge to work on ejabberd, and
> I think that this would be a great way to collect info. easily from all
> users.

Nice :)

About contributing content to the site:

People with a Drupal account can [1] not only start new threads on the
forums and add comments on forum and nodes. They can also write new
pages.

Those pages appear immediately in Recent posts [2], can be read by
other people and add comments so the original author can improve it.

Once the text is good enought, an administrator can promote it to
front page and, if the content was written for that, incorporated into
the ejabberd Book [3].

If any of this does not work for you now, it's probably my fault as
Drupal admin for not setting the right permissions; please tell me.

This process is less liberal and dynamic than a wiki, but better than
static pages. I think it's ideal for websites that do not change too
fast, where authors are permanent (they continue visiting the website
weekly) or where errors in the texts are not common. Some benefits
are:
 * anything found on front page and the Book has been reviewed by at
least one administrator or moderator, ensuring a minimum level of
quality
 * only the original author can modify the text, not visitors
 * but visitors can spot bugs, errors and improvements by adding
comments, that will be read by the author and by other visitors.

And finally, if your contributions are usually good enought, you can
be promoted to moderator to be able to administer the book yourself.

Isn't that enought?

[1] http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/node/add
[2] http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/tracker
[3] http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/book