[ejabberd] Adding Node Disables Auth

Bill Brazell bill.brazell at cingular.com
Thu May 5 18:58:46 MSD 2005

I noticed that after I create a second ejabberd node, I'm no longer able to log
in with a Jabber client or via web admin.  Here are the steps I took.

Installed ejabberd on the first server.  Created a new account through
registration and logged in successfully.

Installed ejabberd on the second server.  su'd to ejabberd and ran the following
commands:

erl -name ejabberd -mnesia extra_db_nodes "['ejabberd at server1.longname.com']" -s
mnesia

mnesia:change_table_copy_type(schema, node(), disc_copies).

Edited the ejabberd.cfg file, changing the hostname to equal that of server2,
and disabled mod_irc and mod_muc.

Started ejabberd in the same way it was started on server1:

su ejabberd -c "erl -s ejabberd -name ejabberd -ejabberd config
'\"/etc/ejabberd/ej abberd.cfg\"' -detached"

At this point, I'm no longer able to log into server1 with the credentials that
worked earlier.  The ejabberd log on server1 reports a lot of this:

=INFO REPORT==== 2005-05-05 10:57:36 ===
I(<0.537.0>:ejabberd_listener:153): ({sslsocket,4,<0.544.0>}) Failed SSL
handshake: esslaccept

=INFO REPORT==== 2005-05-05 10:57:56 ===

=INFO REPORT==== 2005-05-05 10:58:16 ===
I(<0.537.0>:ejabberd_listener:153): ({sslsocket,4,<0.544.0>}) Failed SSL
handshake: esslaccept

The server.pem file is fine, so I'm not sure what's causing the failed
handshake.  Also, these failures occur repeatedly.  You think I have some big
time SSL problems?  Should I uninstall the RPMs and compile the source straight
off of openssl.org?