[ejabberd] server dialback port

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Tue May 17 20:23:48 MSD 2005

 Hi,
I'm trying to communicate another server with ejabberd 0.7.5 using server
dialback. Since I'm running both servers in the same PC I changed the
default ports to the following values:

Ejabberd:
{5269, ejabberd_s2s_in, [{shaper, s2s_shaper}]}
{outgoing_s2s_port, 5369}

The other server:
listening at 5369 for incoming connections

I now connect with a client (Exodus) to ejabberd and add a new contact to
the roster whose domain matches the domain of "the other server". I see that
ejabberd creates a socket to the other server and sends the key to validate.
The problem is that "the other server" tried to connect to the port 5269 for
validating the key and after it sent a "db:verify" packet to ejabberd,
ejabberd answered a bad-formed-xml stream error.

I'm now assuming that ejabberd is using the port 5269 for establishing new
server dialback connections and not to act as an Authoritative Server. So my
question is which port is ejabberd using when acting as the Authoritative
Server?

Thanks for your help,

-- Gato