[ejabberd] v0.9 + LDAP auth

Sergio Medina smedinavallejo at gmail.com
Wed May 18 12:58:16 MSD 2005

Hi all,
I upgrade my ejabberd 0.7.5 installation running fine with LDAP auth
to  0.9.0. Now users cannot connect and log shows:

=INFO REPORT==== 2005-05-18 11:01:19 ===
I(<0.922.0>:ejabberd_listener:90): (#Port<0.1225>) Accepted connection
{{172,22,177,221},3474} -> {{10,0,2,11},5223}

=ERROR REPORT==== 2005-05-18 11:01:20 ===
** State machine <0.1107.0> terminating
** Last event in was {xmlstreamelement,
                         {xmlelement,"iq",
                                     [{"type","set"},
                                      {"id","auth_2"},
                                      {"to","mach.test.es"}],
                                     [{xmlcdata,"\n"},
                                      {xmlelement,
                                          "query",
                                          [{"xmlns","jabber:iq:auth"}],
                                          [{xmlcdata,"\n"},
                                           {xmlelement,
                                               "username",
                                               [],
                                               [{xmlcdata,"userjabber3"}]},
                                           {xmlcdata,"\n"},
                                           {xmlelement,
                                               "password",
                                               [],
                                               [{xmlcdata,"a"}]},
                                           {xmlcdata,"\n"},
                                           {xmlelement,
                                               "resource",
                                               [],
                                               [{xmlcdata,"Psi"}]},
                                           {xmlcdata,"\n"}]},
                                      {xmlcdata,"\n"}]}}
** When State == wait_for_auth
**      Data  == {state,{tlssock,#Port<0.1225>,#Port<0.1226>},
                        <0.1108.0>,
                        tls,
                        "2701838981",
                        undefined,
                        c2s,
                        c2s_shaper,
                        true,
                        false,
                        true,
                        [{certfile,"/etc/ssl/certs/ejabberd.pem"}],
                        false,
                        undefined,
                        [],
                        "mach.test.es",
                        [],
                        {0,nil},
                        {0,nil},
                        {0,nil},
                        {0,nil},
                        undefined,
                        undefined,
                        undefined,
                        false,
                        none,
                        []}
** Reason for termination =
** {noproc,{gen_fsm,sync_send_event,
                    [eldap_ejabberd,
                     {search,{eldap_search,
                                 wholeSubtree,
                                 "o=mach,dc=test,dc=es",
                                 {equalityMatch,
                                     {'AttributeValueAssertion',
                                         "uid",
                                         "userjabber3"}},
                                 [],
                                 false,
                                 0}}]}}

I use Debian package 0.9-1 and the ejabberd.cfg that comes with the
packages with only changes:

%{auth_method, internal}.

% For LDAP uthentification use these lines instead of above one:
{auth_method, ldap}.
{ldap_servers, ["mach7"]}.    % List of LDAP servers
{ldap_uidattr, "uid"}.            % LDAP attribute that holds user ID
{ldap_base, "o=mach,dc=test,dc=es"}. % Base of LDAP directory

I've created an internal user and with internal auth it works fine.

Any idea? Could it be a 0.9 problem with ldap? If you need more info
for debugging ask me.

       Sergio