[ejabberd] migration 0.7.5 -> 0.9 again

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Thu May 19 19:13:54 MSD 2005

Felipe Brito Vasconcellos wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have installed a new server 0.9
>
> I have a 0.7.5 running.
>
> I tried to copy the entire spool dir from 0.7.5 to 0.9, this worked out
> with 0.7.5 -> 0.7.5
>
> It didn't work.

Do you have more information on what did not work ?

Is it the same machine / hostname ? Is it the same erlang node name ?
Normally, you cannot change the node name / host name as the Mnesia
database binary file has some information in it that contains those
information.

> On the ejabberd web page I read that this MNesia convertion is
> automatic. But here, it did'nt work.
 >
> Is there a convertion tool or something?

Included in ejabberd and started autmatically. You can call it manually
but I suspect it will not help in your case.

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.erlang-projects.org/