{Spam Encontrado} Re: [ejabberd] migration 0.7.5 -> 0.9 again

Felipe Brito Vasconcellos fbv at trf4.gov.br
Fri May 20 01:24:08 MSD 2005

Mickael Remond wrote:

> Felipe Brito Vasconcellos wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I have installed a new server 0.9
>>
>> I have a 0.7.5 running.
>>
>> I tried to copy the entire spool dir from 0.7.5 to 0.9, this worked
>> out with 0.7.5 -> 0.7.5
>>
>> It didn't work.
>

> Do you have more information on what did not work ?
>
> Is it the same machine / hostname ? Is it the same erlang node name ?
> Normally, you cannot change the node name / host name as the Mnesia
> database binary file has some information in it that contains those
> information.
>
>> On the ejabberd web page I read that this MNesia convertion is
>> automatic. But here, it did'nt work.
>

>> Is there a convertion tool or something?
>

> Included in ejabberd and started autmatically. You can call it
> manually but I suspect it will not help in your case.

Yes, the machine AND hostname are DIFFERENT.

Before: lnxim at 10.1.3.98
Now: lnxaplic at 10.1.3.30

I read in the sasl.log
First machine
=PROGRESS REPORT==== 18-May-2005::13:24:51 ===
         application: ejabberd
          started_at: ejabberd at lnxim

New machine
=PROGRESS REPORT==== 19-May-2005::18:19:18 ===
         application: ejabberd
          started_at: ejabberd at lnxaplic

Is it possible to migrate or I have no choice?

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Felipe Brito Vasconcellos
Suporte Linux - fone (51) 3213-3624