[ejabberd] help with config LDAP Auth. lots of problems & no logs

Miguel Angel Marin ma.marin.m at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:17:35 MSD 2005

Hi you all!

I'm really dissappointed because of The LDAP auth. feature of ejabberd
seems not working. I've tried to configure by thousand ways and it
doesn`t appear to run ok.

What's the funcionality? I set up the ejabberd params to acces the
LDAP directory and when I'm logging in with an user and passwd it look
the directory to confirm those parameters. isn't it? (if it's true,
I'm not giving ejabberd the param of the target which have the
password value, for example)

My configuration file has the following contents:

{auth_method, ldap}.
{ldap_servers, ["LDAP_server_IP"]}. % List of LDAP servers
{ldap_uidattr, "uid"}. % LDAP attribute that holds user ID
{ldap_base, "o=empleados,o=juntadeandalucia,c=es"}. % Base of LDAP directory
{ldap_rootdn, "cn=jsanchez,o=juntadeandalucia,c=es"}.
{ldap_password, "jsanchez-password"}.

isn't there an attribute called "ldap_passattr" or something like that?
How does it run? How can I see a log or something like that where I
can see the interaction with LDAP (in ejabberd.log I don't see
anything related to this)

May I misunderstood the LDAP fucionality...

Please I need anyone to say me something about this!

Thanks a lot!

Miguel Angel Marín

PS: Sorry about my english!