[ejabberd] help with config LDAP Auth. lots of problems & no logs

Miguel Angel Marin ma.marin.m at gmail.com
Wed May 25 11:48:10 MSD 2005

-- My configuration file has the following contents:
--
-- {a-uth_method, ldap}.
-- {ldap_servers, ["LDAP_server_IP"]}. % List of LDAP servers

I've read that "the client doesn't send the password in  Plain Text",
but what does it means? My LDAP user (jsanchez) which is the one I use
to log with ejabberd has "clear password" should I change it?
Must I use crypted password?
I set up the LDAP attribute that holds user ID but what about  the
attribute that holds the user Password? isn't it configurable?

Is there any guide to set up this correctly? don't know how to do this!

Thanks a lot!