[ejabberd] help with config LDAP Auth. lots of problems & no logs

Jean-Yves.Lebleu at Alcatel.fr Jean-Yves.Lebleu at Alcatel.fr
Wed May 25 15:05:40 MSD 2005

Miguel,

I've installed yesterday release 9.1.0 which is using LDAP
authentification and it works well.
( The upgrade from 7.5.0 did'nt work I had to reinstall everything ...)

I left ldap_rootdn and ldap_password to blank, as I do not have the ldap
  admin password.
So try with this config :

{a-uth_method, ldap}.
{ldap_servers, ["LDAP_server_IP"]}. % List of LDAP servers
{ldap_uidattr, "uid"}. % LDAP attribute that holds user ID
{ldap_base, "o=empleados,o=juntadeandalucia,c=es"}. % Base of LDAP directory
{ldap_rootdn, ""}.
{ldap_password, ""}.

and don't forget to disable internal authentification

Jean-Yves