[ejabberd] help with the start and stop of a ejabber server

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:58:19 MSD 2005

2005/5/31, Felipe Brito Vasconcellos <fbv at trf4.gov.br>:
> I still got a epmd process running on the machine. I want to take it off
> my running processes list. Is it possible without  the kill method?

In http://www.erlang.se/doc/doc-5.4.3/erts-5.4.3/doc/html/epmd.html

---
COMMAND
epmd

COMMAND SUMMARY
Erlang Port Mapper Daemon

DESCRIPTION
This daemon acts as a name server on all hosts involved in distributed
Erlang computations.
The daemon is started automatically by the Erlang start-up script.

EXPORTS
epmd -kill
Kills the epmd process.
----

It seems epmd is a program independent to the Erlang virtual machine,
so probably you can kill it once it's not needed without harming
ejabberd in any way.

Correo: badlop at gmail.com
Mensajería: badlop at jabberes.org