[ejabberd] CPU Utilization on ejabber servers

Tiaan tiaanh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 18:42:00 MSK 2005

Hi,
 We're running two clustered ejabber servers on Windows 2003 systems, with
close on 15 000 online users shared between the systems. The CPU usage on
these systems is very high, and the memory utilization is at 1 GB, there is
plenty of unused memory in the systems.
 How can I determine why the CPU usage is this high ?
 I've looked at the "+P" erlang parameter as well as the "+A" and "+h"
parameter, but not I'm not to sure how these parameters will influence the
system, and what to change them to. Can someone please advise what the best
settings will be for the current user load, or a equation on how to
determine optimal values would be useful.
 Is there any other settings I can investigate.
 Any help will be appreciated.
 Regards
Tiaan