[ejabberd] CPU Utilization on ejabber servers

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Nov 3 20:32:37 MSK 2005

Op donderdag 03 november 2005 17:03, schreef Andreas van Cranenburgh:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 05:42:00PM +0200, Tiaan wrote:
> >    Hi,
> >
> >    We're running two clustered ejabber servers on Windows 2003 systems,
> >    with close on 15 000 online users shared between the systems. The CPU
> >    usage on these systems is very high, and the memory utilization is at
> > 1 GB, there is plenty of unused memory in the systems.
>
> Seriously, with this many users you ought to ask if you can install a
> UNIX/Linux cluster. If you install an apt-based distro (Ubuntu-server,
> Debian, etc.), then it's as simple as "apt-get install ejabberd".

As I am not sure if the Erlang version in these distributions already have the
epoll patch of the Gizmo Project people
( http://www.gizmoproject.com/ )included, it might be better to choose
FreeBSD then. This because the FreeBSD ports of ejabberd and Erlang support
kernel polling for sure.

<snip>
> Mail me if you want/need more details (eg. round-robin howto etc.)

Hint: a Round-robin howto is still missing in both the guide and the website
(ejabberd Book). Feel free to contribute. ;-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/