[ejabberd] CPU Utilization on ejabber servers

Andreas van Cranenburgh andreas at unstable.nl
Thu Nov 3 20:54:23 MSK 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 06:26:35PM +0100, Sander Devrieze wrote:
> Op donderdag 03 november 2005 17:10, schreef Andreas van Cranenburgh:
> <snip>
> > 3. if there's memory free, then you installed too much memory. Or: you
> > can store more things in memory instead of on-disk (note that this can
> > be dangerous in case of power-loss, data can disappear).
>
> Note that you can opt to have the information replicated in RAM *and* hard
> disc. However, I am not sure if this will save CPU time.

I should know more about Erlang. One thing, it certainly saves you disk
access time :)

RAM is approx 1000x faster than disk access. Note that's VERY approx.

This goes for reading, and even more for writing!

--
        Andreas        [ http://unstable.nl | xmpp:andreas at unstable.nl ]
                       [  callto:ils.seconix.com/andreas at unstable.nl   ]