[ejabberd] loosing icq messages

-: Dave :- jabber.ru at v00d00.de
Tue Nov 15 19:02:00 MSK 2005

hi, i hope, i can post this time to this mailing list - had problems -
nevermind ...

hi!

i use ejabberd with pyicq and i have a icq buddy, who can receive
messages from me, but i cant receive any messages from him.

details:
with the psi xml console, i saw the following: when he starts typing, i
get this start-typing-event, like from others, too. when he hits return,
simply nothing happens - no incoming xml message in psi.
what is special about him is, he is allways invisible and i am on his
visible list - and - most important, i guess - he uses an older version
of icq. i dont have the exact version in mind (sorry for that, i can
investigate this). but it is about 2 years old.
another friend, using latest trillian, also invisible, i am also on his
visible list, CAN send me messages without problems.
i myself can sucsessfully send messages to all.

what is special about my server?
i used ejabberd 0.9.8 with aim-transport. when i encounterd the
described problems, i updated to a cvs version of ejabberd (16.10.2005)
and pyicq (0.6) - so i changed the whole icq transport system, and still
have the same problem.
my server is running debian sarge on x86.

if you have any suggestions, how i could solve this problem, i would be
very happy (not receiving icq messages is really annoying - i currently
run two messangers).
if you dont have an answer to this problem yet, i would be happy to
provide you with further debug data. the server on which the ejabberd
runs, is mine and i have root. the friend with whom i have problems,
lives near me, and i visit him from time to time - so, i have full
access to all involed systems ;)

regards
dave