[ejabberd] Ejabberd frozen

Andreas van Cranenburgh andreas at unstable.nl
Thu Nov 17 16:37:25 MSK 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 01:58:09PM +0100, Popp, Marc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> @Andreas: Thanks for your hint. I'll install "monit".

It has made me quite a "lazy" admin. Where lazy means "let's do more
useful stuff"; ie.: replace anything that crashes with something better,
quickly! Or eh, when all else fails, read lots of manuals, make the
config / set up proper, you should know the deal...

Phew, within a month you have no crashes! That is, if you can be a
perfectionist as I can be, with some stuff.

> @All: I'll also would like to have a clean solution. ;-)

Heh :)

I'm a big fan of those. Try compiling your own erlang + ejabberd? Not
that difficult, depending on the distro, though. Good luck!  I only work
with Debian based, and I've got very little Gentoo experience. Both
provide very good build-package-from-source capabilities (yeah, Gentoo's
is naturally better, it's their focus). Also *BSD provides very friendly
ways of compiling from source (cd to right dir, and run "make"). I'm
still forgetting everyone's favourite distro, of course :)

Anyway, try compiling, or just another binary. Definitely go for another
*Erlang* -- since the ejabberd should be the same (virtual machine,
right, Erlang hackers?). But I say all this since I -- possibly
incorrectly -- assume you run a binary which includes Erlang too.

--
        Andreas        [ http://unstable.nl | xmpp:andreas at unstable.nl ]
                       [  callto:ils.seconix.com/andreas at unstable.nl   ]