[ejabberd] ejabber crash

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Fri Nov 18 20:15:03 MSK 2005

Hello Tiaan,

* Tiaan <tiaanh at gmail.com> [2005-11-18 14:12:53 +0200]:

> I agree, it would be strange for ejabberd to restart the VM, but the wording
> of the messages put some doubt in my mind.

Just a guess: It seems that it might be much more something like the
erlang "heart" behaviour. ejabberd might be the name of the registered
service. A problem might cause the Erlang VM to crash (or at least not
respond properly to heartbeat probes) and an heartbeat process might
restart it. I think the heart behaviour (also available on *nix),
might be enable by default on the Windows service.

I hope this helps,

Now, that does not solve the problem itself. Is there any more details
in ejabberd logs ?

--
Mickaël Rémond
 http://www.process-one.net/