[ejabberd] MUC Conference Room Errors

Mark Bainter mbainter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:16:56 MSD 2005

I've got a successfull install of ejabberd, on an RHEL4 system.  Everything is
working great except for MUC.

For some reason, whenever I make changes to certain parts of it, anything
further I try to do gets me this as a response in tkabber:
query list: Unrecoverable Error (Conference room does not exist)

I can see this in the logs:
=ERROR REPORT==== 2005-10-06 08:02:24 ===
** State machine <0.266.0> terminating
** Last event in was {route,{jid,"mbainter",
                                 "jabber.domain.corp",
                                 "tkabber",
                                 "mbainter",
                                 "jabber.domain.corp",
                                 "tkabber"},
                            [],
                            {xmlelement,
                                "iq",
                                [{"id","8"},
                                 {"to",
                                  "mailteam at conference.jabber.domain.corp"},
                                 {"type","set"}],
                                [{xmlelement,
                                     "query",
                                     [{"xmlns",
                                       "http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#admin"}],
                                     [{xmlelement,
                                          "item",
                                          [{"nick","testuser"},
                                           {"jid","testuser at jabber.domain.corp"},
                                           {"affiliation","member"}],
                                          [{xmlelement,
                                               "reason",
                                               [],
                                               [{xmlcdata,"MailTeam"}]}]},
                                      {xmlelement,
                                          "item",
                                          [{"nick","test2"},
                                           {"jid","test2 at jabber.domain.corp"},
                                           {"affiliation","member"}],
                                          [{xmlelement,
                                               "reason",
                                               [],
                                               [{xmlcdata,"MailDev"}]}]}]}]}}
** When State == normal_state
**      Data  == {state,"mailteam",
                        "conference.jabber.match.corp",
                        "jabber.match.corp",
                        {muc,muc,muc_admin},
                        {jid,"mailteam",
                             "conference.jabber.match.corp",
                             [],
                             "mailteam",
                             "conference.jabber.match.corp",
                             []},
                        {config,"Mail Discussions",
                                true,
                                true,
                                true,
                                false,
                                false,
                                true,
                                false,
                                false,
                                true,
                                false,
                                false,
                                [],
                                false,
                                true},
                        ...blah blah blah...
** Reason for termination =
** {{case_clause,{user,"admin","mbainter","testuser"}},
    [{acl,'-match_acl/3-fun-0-',4},
     {lists,any,2},
     {acl,match_acls,3},
     {mod_muc_room,get_affiliation,2},
     {mod_muc_room,find_changed_items,7},
     {mod_muc_room,process_admin_items_set,4},
     {mod_muc_room,normal_state,2},
     {gen_fsm,handle_msg,7}]}

I can config the room just fine, but if I try to add members or anything, it
bombs out and becomes unavailable.  If anyone can shed some light on this for
me, I'd appreciate it.  I've tried making acl changes to add myself as an admin
to muc_admin, and various other options, but to no avail.  THe configuration,
currrently, is the default config for muc from the binary distribution.