[ejabberd] Can't make ejabberd...

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Tue Oct 11 11:25:17 MSD 2005

Travis Bell wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I have got every pre-requisite installed correctly (as far as I can see)
> but when I go to "make" ejabberd it spits out the following error;
>

> lasher:/Users/admin/Desktop/ejabberd-0.9.8/src root# make
> gcc -Wall -g -O2 -I/usr/local/lib/erlang/usr/include  \
>                 expat_erl.c \
>                 -lexpat  \
>                 -L/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/erl_interface-3.5.4/lib
> -lerl_interface -lei
> -I/usr/local/lib/erlang/lib/erl_interface-3.5.4/include
> -I/usr/local/lib/erlang/usr/include \
>                 -o expat_erl.so -fpic -shared
> gcc: unrecognized option `-shared'
> cc1: warning: -fpic is not supported; -fPIC assumed
> expat_erl.c: In function `ei_x_encode_string_len_fixed':
> expat_erl.c:81: warning: implicit declaration of function `x_fix_buff'
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _main
> _driver_alloc
> _driver_alloc_binary
> _driver_free
> _set_port_control_flags
> make: *** [expat_erl.so] Error 1
>

> This is on a G5 Xserve with OS X 10.3. I have checked my PATH vars and
> they seem to look good.
>
> Can anyone help me out here? I am at somewhat of a loss!

Hello,

I have compiled ejabberd for MacOS (For the REPOS CDROM) and here are
the needed modifications. You have to change the Makefile:

- on line 51, remove -fPIC -shared
- on line 4, add to the CFLAGS value: -fno-common -bundle -undefined
suppress -flat_namespace

Do the same for all the make file that are causing trouble.
(This tips was given to me by Christophe Romain :-)

I hope this will also work for you.

--
Mickaël Rémond