[ejabberd] Re: Desperate for answers

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Wed Oct 12 22:41:31 MSD 2005

Tiaan <tiaanh at gmail.com> writes:

>  We are stuck on the roster ODBC module not working correctly. Presence is
> send when the user is added to the roster initially, but after that the
> presence does not get send when it changes. It seems like this happens for
> both MSSQL and Postgres. I've done a lot of debugging, but I don't have any
> Erlang experience making progress very slow. I've noticed the record
> (struct) in the normal and odbc roster modules is different, and suspect
> this to be the issue ?

Not that I have even the slightest experience with ODBC (or
Erlang+ODBC for that matter), but my suspicion is turned to the
function get_subscription_lists in mod_roster_odbc.  Does the SQL
statement there work?  Does it produce output acceptable to
fill_subscription_lists right below?  Try running the query in the
Erlang shell; the output might be enlightening...

BTW, in the configuration, mod_roster should be disabled.  Is it?

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se