[ejabberd] Presence problems

Tim Seago tim.seago at friendsprovident.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 13:02:30 MSD 2005

I'm experimenting with ejabberd, primarily for presence information,
but results differ depending on the client used.

Windows/JAJC - Roster loads but all contacts show offline whatever the
contact's actual status.

Windows/Yabber - Roster loads but contacts appear to have random
status, some shown as offline when they're online. It is possible to
chat with 'offline' users! If correctly shown as online, other status
such as DND or Away is fine.

Linux/Kopete - as Windows/JAJC

Linux/Gaim - Perfect!!

I'm guessing I've done something wrong somewhere, but I have no idea
where to start looking. Given my initial success with Gaim I started
to suspect the other clients but now I'm not so sure.
ejabberd 0.9.8

This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

The Friends Provident group of companies includes these Friends Provident plc subsidiary companies:

Friends Provident Life and Pensions Limited. Registered number 4096141.
Friends Provident Life Assurance Limited. Registered number 782698.
Friends Provident Pensions Limited. Registered number 475201.
Friends Provident Marketing Limited. Registered number 5059179.

Each of these subsidiary companies is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The ultimate holding company is Friends Provident plc. Registered number 4113107.

All are incorporated companies limited by shares and registered in England.
Registered and Head Office: Pixham End, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1QA.
www.friendsprovident.com