[ejabberd] Presence problems

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at erlang-fr.org
Wed Oct 19 16:53:37 MSD 2005

Tim Seago wrote:
> I'm experimenting with ejabberd, primarily for presence information,
> but results differ depending on the client used.
>
> Windows/JAJC - Roster loads but all contacts show offline whatever the
> contact's actual status.
>
> Windows/Yabber - Roster loads but contacts appear to have random
> status, some shown as offline when they're online. It is possible to
> chat with 'offline' users! If correctly shown as online, other status
> such as DND or Away is fine.
>
> Linux/Kopete - as Windows/JAJC
>
> Linux/Gaim - Perfect!!
>
> I'm guessing I've done something wrong somewhere, but I have no idea
> where to start looking. Given my initial success with Gaim I started
> to suspect the other clients but now I'm not so sure.
> ejabberd 0.9.8

The problem you are facing is very strange. I have been using ejabberd
with different client with success (I am currently playing with Kopete)
and I never seen something like that. ejabberd is in production on major
sites and this is something that we never heard.
Could you check that the test condition are the same for all clients ?

--
Mickaël Rémond