[ejabberd] Presence problems

Tim Seago tim.seago at friendsprovident.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 20:43:32 MSD 2005

Hmmm. My bad. I've figured out what's going on to some extent.

It's all to do with subscriptions and authorisations.

I'm thinking clients aren't consistent with how they handle this
although it seems a very basic thing to need to get right. That's
where my confusion comes from. Gaim works well in this respect.

My users are largely going to be on Windows, so can a good Win client
be advised? What would be good is an automatic authorisation to
subscription requests as it's just going to be used internally. I want
to be able to see if so-and-so is in and available. We play far too
much telephone tag around here.....

This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful.

If you receive this e-mail by mistake please advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

The Friends Provident group of companies includes these Friends Provident plc subsidiary companies:

Friends Provident Life and Pensions Limited. Registered number 4096141.
Friends Provident Life Assurance Limited. Registered number 782698.
Friends Provident Pensions Limited. Registered number 475201.
Friends Provident Marketing Limited. Registered number 5059179.

Each of these subsidiary companies is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The ultimate holding company is Friends Provident plc. Registered number 4113107.

All are incorporated companies limited by shares and registered in England.
Registered and Head Office: Pixham End, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1QA.
www.friendsprovident.com