[ejabberd] 0.9.8 segfaulting fairly often?

Daniel Henninger jadestorm at nc.rr.com
Thu Oct 20 07:09:30 MSD 2005

Hi folk,

I upgraded erlang to the latest release and ejabberd to 0.9.8 and am
running into a seg fault every few login attempts:

=INFO REPORT==== 19-Oct-2005::22:58:39 ===
I(<0.237.0>:ejabberd_listener:90): (#Port<0.409>) Accepted connection
{{10,0,0,9},49832} -> {{10,0,0,1},5223}
/usr/local/sbin/ejabberdstartdebug: line 5: 21034 Segmentation
fault      erl -pa /var/lib/ejabberd/ebin -name ejabberd -s ejabberd -
ejabberd config \"/etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg\" -mnesia dir \"/var/lib/
ejabberd/spool\"

[root at syphon ejabberd]#

10.0.0.1 is the server, 10.0.0.9 is my client running ichat.
Basically, if I connect and disconnect . . what seems to be
approximately 3 times in a row . . . I get this crash.  It seems to
have something to do with SSL actually.  I can reproduce it with any
client so long as I have SSL turned on.  If I don't have SSL turned
on, can log in and out forever with no problems.  I have not verified
it this occurs with TLS.  (when I say SSL I am referring to port 5223
style SSL)

I'm not getting particularly useful information in the logs,
unfortunately.  That's all I get when I run ejabberd in debug mode.
Anyone else run into this issue?

Daniel