[ejabberd] Static userlists with ejabberd

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Oct 27 14:55:32 MSD 2005

On Do, oktober 27, 2005 12:03, Àíäðåé_Ñàâèëîâ wrote:
> Good time of day
>
> I have one question: Can ejabberd make user to have static userlist?
> That is to make so that the user could not add @ diminish contacts
> himself... Only admin can to operate from a server...;)

You can use Shared Roster Groups for that. If users delete contacts from
their shared roster, they will be added again next time they log in. AFAIK
it will be still possible for your users to also have a separate contact
list. But maybe you can prevent this by disabling mod_roster. Though I
don't know if this will work; it even might break Shared Roster Groups.
And if this do not work, it would be a nice feature request I guess :-)

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.
xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org

ejabberd, the expandable Jabber daemon. --
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/