[ejabberd] one user logged in with multiple resources

Sander Devrieze s.devrieze at pandora.be
Thu Sep 1 19:19:14 MSD 2005

Op woensdag 31 augustus 2005 23:12, schreef Matthew Reilly:
> Thanks.
>
> We're also looking into having the client detect if a user is
> logged in multiple times by checking the resources returned
> by presence. In this case we'd have the client send
> the IMs to all online instances of a user.

Remark that receivers might not like such behaviour of a client.

E.g., it can cost them money if they have a Jabber client running on their
mobile phone (low priority) and at the same time a Jabber client on their
desktop client (higher priority). Both of the clients have the presence
online. Such a user will probably want to receive messages *only* on his
desktop computer as it otherwise will require him some more expensive
GPRS/UMTS bandwidth.

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.

xmpp:sander at devrieze.dyndns.org ( http://jabber.tk/ )