[ejabberd] Replication for mod_muc

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Wed Sep 7 05:14:13 MSD 2005

Hi there,

I've been looking at ejabberd as a clustering Jabber server solution,
and it's incredibly impressive.  The amount of redundancy and fault-
tolerance that you have is quite amazing!

Of course, it's not quite all perfect: one of the components that we
really wanted to be redundant was Jabber's Rooms feature (i.e.
mod_muc).  I presume it's technically possible to have mod_muc
replicate its state information to other nodes in the ejabberd
cluster, and it's only not done yet due to no-one doing it :).

So, I'm quite happy to put in the code for this.  I have written
Erlang code before, but that was several years ago and I have never
used Mnesia, so I'm not sure how difficult this task would be.
However, if someone can point out what needs to be done to make
mod_muc fully clusterable (e.g. perhaps there's only some state
information in mod_muc that needs to be stored in Mnesia), I'll give
it a shot!

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>