[ejabberd] ejabberd 1.1 beta

Mickael Remond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sat Apr 8 12:37:46 MSD 2006

Hello,

We are glad to announce that ejabberd 1.1 is entering the beta test
phase.
This new version will be a major release:
- Performance and scalability has been further improved. The code has
  been optimized to support larger cluster and reduce load on large
  installation.
- Improved relational database support: MySQL is now supported in native
  mode.
- Anonymous support: ejabberd now supports SASL-Anonymous, but also an
  anonymous login mode for clients that do not support SASL.
- Multi-user chat improvements: Chat room logging is now integrated.
- Internal code architecture improvements.
- Several bugfixes on core ejabberd, pubsub, privacy, multi-user chat, etc.

Detailled changelog is available from:
http://support.process-one.net/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=10025&styleName=Text&projectId=10011&Create=Create

Users that want to help us test this release can download the source
from our Subversion repository. To get the source code from the
repository, please see the instructions from:
http://www.process-one.net/en/projects/ejabberd/download.html#svn

The translators can also start updating their translation files. The
string have been frozen and will not be modified before the final
release. The translations will be added in the final ejabberd 1.1
release.
The localization page give informations on the translation process:
http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/localization

Your comments and bug report are welcome.

Cheers,

--
ejabberd dev team