[ejabberd] Clustered servers not reconnecting

Mickaël Rémond mickael.remond at process-one.net
Sun Dec 10 12:20:01 MSK 2006

Hello Matthew,

Le 10 déc. 06 à 04:27, Matthew Harrell a écrit :

> So, is there a way I can find out what's causing the problem in the
> first place?

The two nodes are pinging themselves and missed at least one ping.
For various possible reasons you have a network problem. It can be a
very high latency or disconnection.

> And, is there a way I can get mnesia / ejabberd to continue to attempt
> the connection until it reconnects?

They do that and this is automatic. However, if your two nodes are
both kept online, receiving client connections the two database will
evolves differently. The database are different and thus
inconsistent. Mnesia does not know which version of the data it
should keep, that's why the database wait for a manual operation.

As a first place, I would not build an ejabberd cluster over a wan,
but only over a lan to avoid those problems.

I hope this helps,

--
Mickaël Rémond
  http://www.process-one.net/