[ejabberd] shared roster, ldap

Erick Bullier eb.jabber at bullier.org
Wed Dec 20 19:56:06 MSK 2006

Le Mercredi 20 Décembre 2006 10:12, Tomasz Noiński a écrit :
> I managed to get it to work to some extent, using mod_vcard_ldap and
> auth_method "ldap" (it was absurdly easy, I must say)...
Not so. I find...
With my config, all run fine for ldap identification, but impossible to use
ldap vcards...
I try it with ejabberd 1. Maybe it's the problem...

> 1. nicknames in the roster
> In my communicator (psi), I see every contact in form "login at domain" and
> it would be really nice if it would be, for example, "Name Surname"
> instead.
Not a server config problem but  a client.

> Is it currently possible to get these values from vcard
> "nickname", for example?
Yes. Per default, Psi display the pseudo (nickname i believe) in the roster.
If it don't find pseudo, it display the JID

> If not, it it possible to change those nicknames manually (or from a
> script)?
Yes, but to display the pseudo in place of the JID in the roster, you must to
delete the contact and to add it back.

> 2. vcards in ldap + writing
> Is it possible to _modify_ vcards stored in ldap?
I think. It depend the parameters given in the rootdn and password module.
The user must to have good rights...

I hope not to say too errors.
HTH
--