[ejabberd] Trying to get ejabberd 1.0 + native pgsql

Peter Millard pgmillard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 18:08:17 MSK 2006

I'm trying to get ejabberd 1.0 setup to use the native postgresql
libs. I've compiled the libs and copied in the .beam files into the
ebin directory, and changed my config to use:

{auth_method, odbc}.
{odbc_server, {pgsql, "localhost", "ejabberd", "jabber", "XXX"}}.

I've also enabled the various odbc modules.. here is my list from ejabberd.cfg:
{modules,
 [
  {mod_register,   [{access, register}]},
  {mod_roster_odbc, []},
  {mod_privacy,    []},
  {mod_configure,  []},
  {mod_configure2, []},
  {mod_disco,      []},
  {mod_stats,      []},
  {mod_vcard_odbc, []},
  {mod_offline_odbc, []},
  {mod_announce,   [{access, announce}]},
  {mod_echo,       [{host, "echo.dustpuppy.corp.jabber.com"}]},
  {mod_private,    []},
  {mod_muc,        [{access, muc},
                            {access_create, muc},
                            {access_admin, muc_admin}]},
  {mod_pubsub,     []},
  {mod_time,       []},
  {mod_last_odbc,  []},
  {mod_version,    []}
 ]}.

Every time I run with this configuration, I get the CRASH REPORT
below. Can someone please post how this is supposed to work? I could
not find any good docs on the website book or forums. HELP!?

FWIW, I could not get ODBC using psqlodbc.so working either. Similar
CRASH reports.

=CRASH REPORT==== 6-Feb-2006::08:04:04 ===
  crasher:
    pid: <0.39.0>
    registered_name: []
    error_info: "invalid return value from
ejabberd_app:start(normal,[]) -> {'EXIT',\n
         {undef,\n
[{ejabberd_odbc_sup,\n
start_link,\n
[\"dustpuppy.corp.jabber.com\"]},\n